Monday 8 March 2010

Here we go!





So I'm back in England and I no longer have any (mostly made up) excuses not to follow my diet anymore.

Feeling a bit, well I guess the right word for it is, fat after a week of too much nom nom food in Sweden I'm now focusing 100 per cent on my diet again. I'm going to start off with a "Fakir Diet". It's easy and potentially boring but like the sucker for cinnamon that I am I love it (see recipe further down)

The word Fakir means "poor" or that you give up what there is to eat and eat very simply.
There seems to be several definitions and ideas of what you're supposed to eat when you're on a Fakir Diet but I choose to do the extreme version and eat nothing but fat and protein.

Breakfast and lunch contain of the same thing, an "egg milk" made of egg, butter and optional flavouring where I choose cinnamon.

2 eggs
25-50 g butter
2-3 dl boiling water
Flavouring

Whisk the eggs in a bowl and melt the butter in the boiling water. I add the cinnamon to the boiling water and whisk to avoid getting lumps.
Then add the boiling to water and butter to the eggs but make sure to whisk as the eggs might boil otherwise.

There are different flavours you can use depending on how strict you are with the carbs.
Some flavours you can use are
Cacao
Cinnamon
vanilla
Saffron
Mint
Cream
Coffee
Berries




For dinner I eat nothing but protein e.g. meat and fat.

Obviously this isn't a diet to continue with but to get the weight loss going.


Starting a Fakir Diet isn't to recommend unless you've been on a Low Carb High Fat diet for some time. The recommendations are that you give your body at least three months to get used to the lower intake of carbs by limiting yourself to a maximum of 20 grams per day.


Personally, I have been on a Fakir Diet before and for me it works but unfortunately it comes with some side effects. Cutting out all carbs like that is obviously a shock to the body and you may or may not feel anything of it.
I have only been on it for one day now and unfortunately I am one of them affected by the less pleasant sides of dieting. As I write I have a headache, my neck feels stale and I am hungry. But having done this before, I know that the headache will go and I'm hungry since I'm used to eating so much more having lived off pizza and tacos last week.
All I can do is wait for it to go and enjoy the result.

1 comment:

  1. I've just strated LCHF and your Egg Milk! Awesome! Delicious! Thank you for the recipe! I don't think I used as much cinnamon but it was very tasty!

    Best wishes,
    Xeta

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be moderated.

I retain the right to delete comments of an unsuitable nature.

This blog conforms to Blogger's Content Page