Thursday 18 March 2010

Preparing for a Friday night out





A problem that many people on a Low Carb High Fat diet seem to experience is that when drinking alcohol, the effect of it is a lot stronger and people who have previously been able to drink quite a bit can no longer handle it like they used to. As far as I know there is no answer to why this is happening.

Tomorrow I'm going out for a 21.st birthday and since I've been told (not asked) that I WILL be there and that I WILL drink cocktails with miss Birthday (not that I'm complaining though) I have tried to prepare my body these past few days. I don't know if it makes a different at all but to me it's all about "better safe than sorry".

I have been adding a bit more carbs to my meals and hopefully it will make a difference.

For tea yesterday and today I therefore had pork with a garlic cheese sauce, mushrooms and lots of spices served with feta cheese and cauliflower

Fry the pork in butter and add looooads of spices.
Put soft cheese with garlic and some butter in a bowl and add boiling water and stir.
Add the sauce to the pork and let it simmer for a while so it thickens and the spices and sauce mix well.

I prefer to put the meat and sauce on top of the feta cheese as it melts it a bit, which is just lovely.

Eat!



(And yes your observation was correct, I did say I might have a cocktail or two and yes there might be carbs in there but hey, it's her 21.st birthday and why have rules if you're not allowed to break them from time to time?)

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm.... Looks tasty Darling! I will have to try it myself sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my days that looks so tasty... I don't like butter or cauliflower though :( but still, it looks very good, you can definitely cook for me one day!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be moderated.

I retain the right to delete comments of an unsuitable nature.

This blog conforms to Blogger's Content Page