Monday 15 March 2010

Do i have to do it?

When starting a Facebook group for my blog I got a message from my lovely cousin asking if I really had to go through the trouble of going on a diet? Can't I just eat normal and eat less? I could do, and I believe it would work too - theoretically. But at the same time I know myself. I know that me eating little would turn into me eating a bit more and then I'm sat there with a full plate of delicious food.
Also, when I don't eat it I don't want it. When I eat a slice of bread, I want one more. When I eat sweets, I want more. When I don't eat it? Well then I don't want it.
The good thing about being on a diet for me is that it is something special. I actually find it quite fun and challenging because it forces me to think about what I do.
At the moment with sharing a house at university there isn't much room for experimental cooking but on the other hand I have a lot of time on my hands to search the web for recipes and tips. For example did you know you can bake on protein powder that people that go to the gym use? I for sure didn't. Now that's not a realistic option as the products I've been looking at cost nearly £20 per kilo but that shows there are alternatives out there and there's more and more coming. I also found that on the 31st of March the first Low Carb High Fat book with baking recipes is coming out in Sweden to which I will soon be going back. Great! 104 pages of baking recipes with no flour or sugar. And why do you need flour and sugar? Last summer I made a cheesecake for my family without any of them and it was the dessert hit of that summer and the taste was no different apart from the nuts I used in the base instead of Digestive.
My point is that there is so much out there to help that once you know what you're doing there's not much different from cooking what's considered normal food. It's not about skipping something and leaving an empty space on the plate, it's about replacing. I mean, do I really need that potato with my food when I can have cauliflower?
At the end of the day, for me at least, it's all about thinking outside the box and creating a whole new lifestyle. If it works and I feel good then I don't see why not.

2 comments:

  1. So, why do you drink coke then?
    Hope you liked the film!
    /Your nosy cousin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because there are zero, no, nil, nada, inga alls carbs in coca cola zero =)

    And yes I did enjoy the film thank you =) =).

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be moderated.

I retain the right to delete comments of an unsuitable nature.

This blog conforms to Blogger's Content Page